Monday, April 5, 2010

My Story in Photos: Dessert Recipe

This weeks challenge for I Heart Faces is "My Story in Photos: Dessert Recipe". We are to pick our favorite dessert and tell a story on how it is made! :) I love desserts..I have a very BIG sweet tooth! For Easter this year..I searched the Pillsbury website for a yummy recipe and found this: Easter Nest Cookies! I thought it would be a cute idea and also a yummy cookie recipe to try! So first..

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (16oz) Pillsbury Ready to bake sugar cookies
1 container (12oz) Fluffy white frosting
1 cup flaked coconut
food coloring
jelly beans (I used speckled M&Ms)

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake cookies as directed on pkg. Cool completely.

2. Frost cookies. Add coconut to a resealable plastic baggie. Add 2 to 3 drops of your favorite food color, shake bag to blend color. Sprinkle about 1 tsp. coconut on each cookie.

3. Top with speckled candy (in my case M&Ms)


I used neon food coloring to get spring colors for the coconut




Head on over to and see some more yummy desserts!!

Have a great week everyone!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are too cute! Very creative and they look yummy too!

Unknown said...

So pretty. I love them! Who would have ever thought something so lovely could come from pre made cookies!

Tracy P. said...

So simple and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies turned out very nice...I was too full to even eat one of them!!! Freeze them for Tristan to eat! :) He's got a HUGE sweet tooth also!

Unknown said...

These cookies are so cute! I bet it's a great one for kids to help out with.