Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!! We sure did! Christmas Eve I made our Christmas dinner.. and it was so good!! I will be showing you our Christmas in photos and also explaining what each picture is! So enjoy!! :) And have a Happy New Year!


These are the cookie dough truffles I made! and they are delicious..especially if you like cookie dough! I will post the recipe at the end of this blog!


My Christmas cookies!



Corn bread that we had for our Christmas Eve dinner! We also had asparagus!



A yummy beef tenderloin that I made. It was delicious!


Tristan opening a present Christmas Eve. Jake told me a tradition they did when they were younger. Him and his brother would always open a present Christmas Eve and it would always be pjs! So I thought we could start that tradition also! :)

Here is what Santa got Tristan! And he of course got a few other gifts! :)


Tristan making a silly face.


What my husband got me for Christmas!




After our Christmas we went to Jake's moms house for Christmas! We had an awesome dinner of seafood! Yum! I didn't get too many pictures while we were there. But this is their tree! It was beautiful! :)



Cookie Dough Truffles:
Ingredients:

1/2 c butter, softened

3/4 c packed brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c all-purpose flour

1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk

1/2 c mini semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 c chopped walnuts (I did not use any)

1 1/2 lb semisweet candy coating, chopped


Directions:
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually add the flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in te chocolate chips and walnuts. Shape into 1-in balls. place on waxed paper-lined baking shts. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.

2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper-lined baking shts. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 min. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like so much fun....and the food looks amazing Katy! I'm so proud of you...I'm sure Jacob was impressed. We knew you had it in you! :)
Love you